Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Puppet Debut

The performance at Gnap Theater's "No Shame" on Friday went much better than I had hoped. I was nervous waiting for the show to start, but because there was room in the line-up, I took the plunge and signed up for two 5 min slots. I had a loose idea of what I wanted to do in each slot, but I mostly just wanted to get up and try something.

The first set I used Gene's awesome IKEA puppets to lip sync to a song from "Wicked The Musical". One of the puppets was a grouch and swore a bunch. I can't do that in the Kid's show next month!!! I'll have to think of kid-friendly ways for grouchy puppets to talk through their pain.



The second set I took out my granddad-golfer puppet and chatted with him. That was fun and it felt a lot like chatting with different facets of all my grandparents, living and deceased. <3



I noticed it was hard to keep my energy up for 5 min, but I didn't blank out or feel like I needed to rush off stage. I'd like to get better at the puppeteering and keeping the energy up and in the puppets. The music helped in the sync. It was harder with the chatting. Still, I think there is some potentially good stuff here, which is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment